You can help us make your appointment more efficient.
- Make sure that we are listed as your primary care provider.
- Bring your insurance card to every appointment.
- Always bring an updated list of all your medications, including the dose and directions. If it is easier for you, you can bring in your prescription bottles.
Be prepared to give us an update on your medical history since your last appointment with us, including:
- Whether or not you have seen any specialists, and what the outcome of that appointment was
- Whether or not you have had any lab work or imaging studies done
Your visit will be more meaningful if you can try to have any pertinent lab work done prior to your visit. Most lab results will be back within a few days. Notify us which lab site you would like to go to, and we will fax the appropriate orders. For example,
- If you are diabetic, you should have the following labs checked AT LEAST every 6 months: HbA1C, lipid panel, urine microalbumin/creatinine ratio, and basic metabolic panel.
- If you would like to have lab work done for a physical, we will order: a CBC (complete blood count), lipid panel, and basic metabolic panel (which includes sugar, kidney function, potassium, and sodium levels). Please let us know if you would like any additional lab work ordered. Again, it is your responsibility to know what your insurance will cover. Do NOT assume that because they covered certain labs in the past, that this is still the case.
Do not wait until you have multiple concerns to come in for an appointment. We may not be able to dedicate the appropriate amount of time for all your concerns in a single visit.